Breast revision is a corrective procedure performed to enhance and improve upon the results of a patient’s original breast augmentation surgery. While studies have shown that breast implants last an average of ten years, this number can fluctuate based upon the details of each patient’s case.
Breast revision surgery is often more complex than the primary breast augmentation procedure, and should only be performed by a board-certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in this specific field, such as our board certified plastic surgeons at Tribeca Medaesthetics, located in beautiful Miami Beach, Florida. In the skillful hands of our surgeons, you will be able to perfect the results of your original breast augmentation procedure and correct any complications pertaining to your breast implants.
View before and after images of actual patients.
Making an appointment with Dr. Shapiro is easy and effortless, his prices are very reasonable. I was very happy with my results last visit and decided to come back. His office is very modern, cozy and…
I absolutely love this place. Dr. Shapiro and his staff beyond friendly, professional, and accommodating. My experience all-around was stellar: Dr. Shapiro is VERY concerned with the well-being of his…
Very beautiful office, friendly staff and reasonable pricing. I left very happy and would recommend this office to anyone looking to improve their appearance. They have many other procedures and seem …
BREAST REVISION GOALS
Special Internet Pricing
Motivating factors leading patients to seek out breast revision surgery can typically be divided into two main categories:
Breast Implant Complications: Breast implants are not guaranteed to last a lifetime (although many breast implant manufacturers are now offering extended warranties on their implants), and over time, problems with the implant itself may occur, making breast revision surgery a medical necessity. Examples of implant-related complications include:
- Capsular contracture—the most common implant-related complication, capsular contracture refers to a hardening of the breasts that is caused by scar tissue forming around the breast implant. This issue can be corrected through the removal of the scar tissue with a capsulectomy or capsulotomy procedure.
- Implant deflation or rupture
- Aesthetically undesirable changes to the appearance of the breasts as a result of pregnancy, substantial weight loss, or the natural aging process
- Incorrect implant placement during the original breast augmentation, or a shift in implant position over time, causing the implants to “bottom out,” “ride high,” fall outward into the axilla, or move too close together.
- Unnatural-looking nipples or asymmetrical (different size) breasts after breast reconstruction following breast cancer treatment
Change in Aesthetic Preferences: It is natural for an individual’s aesthetic preferences to shift and evolve over time, and this applies to breast implant aesthetics as well. According to a recent FDA survey, 37% of all breast revision surgeries in the United States are performed on women desiring larger breast implants. Examples of aesthetically-based motivations for breast revision surgery include:
- Modification of the type of implant (switching from saline to silicone or vice versa)
- Complete removal of the breast implants (may be performed in conjunction with a breast lift)
- The desire for smaller implants
- The desire for larger implants
The exact details of a breast revision procedure vary significantly from patient to patient, and are dependent upon the nature of the implant-related complication, and the patient’s motivation for having the surgery. During your initial consultation, our board certified plastic surgeons at Tribeca Medaesthetics will listen to your breast revision goals, evaluate the nature of your implant-related concerns, and determine the optimal corrective approach to employ during your surgery.
CONTACT TRIBECA MEDAESTHETICS
At Tribeca Medaesthetics, we make it a priority to stay up to date with the latest technological advances in the field breast surgery, and our skillful surgeons employ these cutting edge techniques to ensure safe procedures and beautifully natural-looking results. Our surgeons believes that having well-informed patients is vital to the success of every breast revision procedure, and will take the time to thoroughly review all of your surgical options and procedural details. As with any form of surgery, there are potential risks related to breast revision surgery; however, in the capable hands of our board certified plastic surgeons and the Tribeca Medaesthetics staff, you can rest easy knowing that your safety is our first priority, and that we will take great care to minimize your discomfort and to reduce potential complications during and after your procedure.
If you are unhappy with the results of a previous breast surgery, and would like additional information about having your breast revision procedure performed at Tribeca Medaesthetics, please contact our office today. We look forward to speaking with you, and to scheduling your initial consultation with our board certified plastic surgeons.