The condition of breast ptosis refers to the loss of elasticity in breast tissue, causing breasts to sag substantially enough to change the location of the areola and nipple in relation to the breast crease. Breast ptosis can be caused and exacerbated by a number of factors, such as:
- Significant weight loss or weight gain
- Breast feeding
- The natural aging process
Medically termed a mastopexy, a breast lift is a surgical procedure performed to address and treat the condition of breast ptosis. Breast lift surgeries correct the aesthetic problems caused by breast ptosis by lifting, raising and firming the breasts; removing excess skin; and tightening the remaining breast tissue, thereby creating a more supportive structure for newly lifted breasts. In addition to correcting the symptoms of breast ptosis, mastopexy procedures are also used to treat other aesthetic breast-related issues, including: breast asymmetry (breasts of different sizes), downward pointing nipples, enlarged or asymmetrical areolas, and stretched skin in the breast region.
Special Internet Pricing
In order to achieve optimal results from your breast lift, it is important to select a skillful and Board Certified plastic surgeon to perform this surgery, such as our board certified plastic surgeons at Tribeca Medaesthetics, located in beautiful Miami Beach, Florida. Our surgeons have a keen eye for aesthetics, and has helped many patients fulfill their unique breast lift goals, thereby enhancing the overall aesthetic appeal of their breasts. Our surgeons make it a priority to stay up to date with the most cutting edge developments and advances in the field of breast surgery in order to provide his patients with the highest possible level of surgical customization and patient care, and to ensure that their breast lift surgery is both safe and successful.
View before and after images of actual patients.
Very beautiful office, friendly staff and reasonable pricing. I left very happy and would recommend this office to anyone looking to improve their appearance. They have many other procedures and seem …
I absolutely love this place. Dr. Shapiro and his staff beyond friendly, professional, and accommodating. My experience all-around was stellar: Dr. Shapiro is VERY concerned with the well-being of his…
Making an appointment with Dr. Shapiro is easy and effortless, his prices are very reasonable. I was very happy with my results last visit and decided to come back. His office is very modern, cozy and…
BREAST LIFT PROCEDURAL DETAILS
There are a number of surgical techniques that can be employed during breast lift surgery, and after evaluating the severity of your breast ptosis, our board certified plastic surgeons at Tribeca Medaesthetics will select the appropriate surgical technique from the following options:
- Crescent Lift (Nipple lift): used in cases where patients present with mild ptosis, and involves the removal of a crescent-shaped piece of tissue above the areola, followed by the elevation of the areola to a more aesthetically desirable position
- Benelli Breast Lift (Donut mastopexy): used when patients present with mild to moderate breast ptosis, and involves the removal of a donut-shaped piece of tissue from around the areola, followed by the re-attachment of the residual tissue to the areola
- Vertical Breast Lift (Lollipop breast lift): appropriate for patients presenting with moderate ptosis, and involves a technique similar to that of the Benelli lift, with an additional incision running vertically from beneath the areola down to the breast crease
- Full Breast Lift (Anchor lift” or “Inverted-T lift): suitable for patients presenting with severe cases of breast ptosis, and involves an anchor-shaped incision running from the base of the areola to the bottom of the breast, followed by the removal of a crescent-shaped piece of skin from where the breast meets the rib cage, and the re-positioning of the nipple to an aesthetically pleasing position
Because breast lifts do not address issues of breast fullness or volume, patients seeking to lift their breasts and increase the size of their breasts should consider having a breast augmentation performed in conjunction with a breast lift.
BREAST LIFT RECOVERY
After your mastopexy procedure, our surgeons will place bandages or dressings over your incisions, and will insert a small drain to remove any excess fluid or blood. You will be given a support bra to minimize swelling, and your incision scars will gradually fade from red to a discreet white line. We advise all of our breast lift patients to gradually resume their normal activities within 1-2 weeks after surgery, but to avoid vigorous exercise and heavy lifting for the first few months after the procedure. The visible results of your breast lift will be noticeable immediately after surgery, and will continue to improve over the next 2-3 weeks, as any residual bruising and swelling subsides.
CONTACT TRIBECA MEDAESTHETICS
At Tribeca Medaesthetics, we believe that having well-informed patients is vital to the success of every cosmetic surgery procedure, and we will take the time to thoroughly review all of your mastopexy options and procedural details. As with any form of surgery, there are potential risks related to breast lift procedures; however, in the capable hands of our surgeons and the Tribeca Medaesthetics staff, you can rest easy knowing that your safety is our first priority, and that we will take great care to minimize your discomfort and to reduce potential complications during and after your procedure.
If you have additional questions about having your breast lift surgery performed at Tribeca Medaesthetics, please contact our office today. We look forward to speaking with you, and to scheduling your initial consultation with our board certified plastic surgeons.