Pellet therapy is an effective treatment approach for ensuring a continuous, more physiologic replacement of testosterone or estrogen. Equally beneficial to men and women, pellets offer patients 100% treatment compliance without the need for messy creams or painful weekly injections.
Dr. Shapiro recommends this quick procedure to patients already on bioidentical hormone replacement therapy who prefer a ‘hands-free approach’ to optimizing testosterone or estrogen.
“I recommend pellet therapy because it provides a quicker, more uniform optimized response over several months compared to the use of daily creams, gels, or weekly injections.”– Dr. Shapiro
How Pellets Work
Hormone pellet therapy is a form of bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (bHRT). These pellets are the size of a grain of rice and are designed to slowly release testosterone or estrogen over several months (average 3-6 months).
If you’re a candidate for pellet therapy, Dr. Shapiro will safely insert the pellet or pellets under the skin into the subcutaneous fat.
This is a PAIN-FREE procedure that takes approximately 20 minutes and requires a simple Band-Aid (no stitches) to complete.
After insertion, your body will begin to slowly metabolize the pellet, releasing a steady dose of bioidentical hormones over the course of several months. Most patients begin to feel the benefits of pellet therapy within the first few weeks.
Dr. Shapiro accurately determines your pellet dose based on your fasting blood work to deliver the best results for you.
- 100% Compliance with the Medication. Once the pellets are inserted, they will continue to delivery medication until they are completely metabolized.
- No Messy Creams or Painful Injections. Pellets remove the inconvenience of following specific treatment instructions that may affect your daily activities. Pellet therapy is ideal for people with active lifestyles or for anyone inconsistent with pills and creams.
- Smooth and Continuous Hormone Release. Pellets work with your body chemistry to deliver a steady stream of hormones. This prevents the inconsistent high and low dosing that usually happens when using a daily cream or a weekly shot.
- Pain-Free and Quick Procedure. This 20 minute, in-office procedure completed by Dr. Shapiro allows you to be back to work immediately after.
- Bioidentical Hormones. Hormone pellet therapy uses plant-derived hormones that are identical to your own.
- Precise Dosing. Dr. Shapiro will determine the correct dose based on your previous blood work and your current health status. This allows for an excellent result in optimizing testosterone or estrogen.
When considering pellet therapy at Tribecamed, we will schedule you for a comprehensive, functional medicine consultation with Dr. Shapiro.
In that consultation, all your symptoms and medical history will be discussed in addition to an evaluation of your blood work.
Dr. Shapiro will review the pros and cons of hormone replacement therapy as well as the different treatment options.
Ideal Candidates for Pellet Therapy Include:
- Men / Women Who Can’t Comply with Testosterone Creams or Injections
- Women with Menopause or Perimenopause Symptoms
- Men / Women with Symptoms of Low T
- Men / Women with Low T and Are Interested in Weight Loss